Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oink?

I just wanted to share that I have come to the conclusion that I must have some recessive pig gene in me. Let it be known that I went to the commissary today. It's not our local commissary, but it's a much bigger one at a semi-nearby base. My intent was to just buy items that we don't carry at our local store, but noooo this little piggy was hungry or possessed! I went up and down the aisles. I started at the produce area looking for some fruit and then I came across the cake and frosting area. I immediately gravitated to the Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Cheese frosting. All I could see myself doing was watching Gossip Girl and spooning whipped cream cheese frosting a la Kevin James in I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry... I've been known to do this before. Put the little tub in my cart. I then went to the bread and baked goods aisle, I grabbed some light wheat bread and some sweet Hawaiian bread to eat on the ride home *drop*, followed by some Entemann's Louisiana Crunch Cake *drop*. I haven't figured out if it was a bit of nostalgia (my mommy and I used to scarf down a large slice with chocolate ice cream when I was little) or if I was just hungry since I had skipped breakfast and lunch. I kept moseying down the aisles and I got to the deli. I needed some turkey, had a 1/4 lb. cut just for me! Okay, I can't lie! I've tried, but I didn't go to the deli for turkey. I went for the delicious cakes and pies they have RIGHT NEXT to the cheeses!!!!!!!!! I NEEDED a slice of carrot cake with CREAM CHEESE frosting! There was no stopping me!!!!!! I made the deli guy cut me a slice of carrot cake AND a slice of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!!!!!!!!!! In another attempt to lie to myself and TomTom, I told him that I bought him a slice of chocolate cake. I felt really bad and I figured I should cut back somewhere, so with my head down low, I went back to the cake and frosting aisle and returned the frosting to its original place. I have since eaten dinner and licked the plastic container that once held my carrot cake. I now find myself fighting every urge to not go downstairs and eat "his" chocolate cake! Seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!

I think I should note that just 15 minutes earlier, I had picked up triple chocolate M&Ms, 3 Rice Krispies Treats (one which I ate at the store), Sqworms and S'mores Pop Tarts...

No comments:

Post a Comment