Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hello, Oscar!

It's been foreeeever since I last blogged. I've been pooped...I'm sorry. What better way to jump back into blogging than by going over Sunday night, the Oscars.
Even though I was never a big fan of the Oscars, I always found the fashion part of the night to be the best part! It was always very inspiring. My prom dress was "inspired" by Jennifer Garner's Valentino dress she wore for the 2004 Academy Awards:


This year's dresses were a bit of OOH and a bit of BLAH. Here are my top three:
LOVED Marisa Tomei's dress. It was perfect for the Oscar's! For an awards show that highlights the dramatic arts, what better than a beautiful, dramatic dress? Kudos, Marisa!


Another favorite was Evan Rachel Wood. Don't believe I've seen her in a movie or anything and I know she was dating that freak Marilyn Manson, but the girl cleans up well! I love this dress. Whoever her stylist is, they should get a raise! This dress is gorgeous...

The last one to round off my top three......................


Yes, I know! I'm almost ashamed! But alas, I have put on my big girl panties and admitted that I LIKE Miley Cyrus's dress. It's a dress that someone young and spunky can wear, like Miley Cyrus, or someone that lives on the edge of fashion like Sarah Jessica Parker or Diane Kruger (love her!). I love the top, I could do with some smaller petals but it gets a thumbs up for me. It all pulls together nicely: accesories, hair and makeup.
I was torn for the #3 spot as I thought Taraji Henson looked amazing, too! I was also torn because I didn't want an all white/beige list. I thought the Golden Globes were a bit washed out, but white is H-O-T-T!



My biggest LOSERS, where do I start...

BEYONCE, what in the hell are you wearing? Designing jeans is one thing, but a dress to the Oscars??? Did you and Jay hit up a hydroponics lab before getting ready? Momma did you some serious wrong. Definitely FUG!!!

Next, Amanda Seyfried. I loooved her in Mamma Mia. She seems so down to earth, but this dress is so beyond earth's level of ugly. The color, the cut, the matching lipstick...ugh! Save her!


Last and definitely least, Marion Cotillard. Remember she wore that gorgeous fish scale dress last year when she won for best actress? This year she has disappointed the Oscar gods! The dress was not pretty at all. Whoever designed it must have been inspired by a black eye! And the makeup. She must have stopped by Hialeah's Westland Mall to get her Chonga makeup done. Pobrecita.

No comments:

Post a Comment